TP-link introduced the latest 300mbps wireless router especially for the small business and home office. The TP-Link TL-WR840N is the first combined wired or wireless connection router. It is a high-speed solution for the tp-link users who can meet up with their demanding home network with a TP-Link WR840N router. Moreover, the setup of the TP-Link WR840N router is quite simple. If you want to set up your TP-Link WR840 router by own, then you are in the right article. In this article, we explain the following simple steps to set up the TP-Link WR840N router. Let’s see the basic steps to setup the TP-Link TL-WR840N wireless router.
Steps to setup TP-Link TL-WR840N router
1. Configure the hardware
- Foremost, turn off the home modem, remove and reinsert the backup battery if it has any.
- Now, turn on the modem and plugin back to the power outlet.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes for the modem to restart.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect the modem to the WAN port of the TP-Link WR840N router.
- Further, if your internet connection does not need a modem, then directly connect the Ethernet cable to the router’s WAN port.
- At last, check the LED light to ensure that the router is on.
2. Configure the Router
- Most important, connect your computer to the WR840N router using the Ethernet cable.
Note: If you want to connect through a wireless connection, for this use, the network name and password are printed on the product label of the router.
- Navigate to the web browser and enter http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Meanwhile, you will ask for the username and password.
- Type admin in both username and password fields.
- Hit the Login button.
- Tap on the Quick Setup on the left side, and hit the Next option.
- Choose the WAN Connection Type of your router.
- In case you don’t know your connection type, then choose the Auto-Detect option.
- Click on the Next button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Here, you can customize your wireless settings.
- Hit the Next
- Finally, click on the Finish option to complete the Quick Setup.
How to Reset your TP-Link WR840N router
Here, you will learn the reset method of the TP-Link WR840N router. You can reset your router either by hard reset or by web interface process. Follow the given mentioned below steps to reset your TP-Link WR840N router.
1. Hard Reset
- A hard reset will restore the current settings of your device to the factory default settings.
- Before you do the hard reset, you can load or copy the configuration file for back up.
Steps to Hard Reset :
- First of all, power on your TP-Link WR840N router.
- Find the WPS/Reset button of the router.
- Press and hold the WPS/reset button for more than 12 seconds.
- Release the WPS/Reset button until the LED light turns to slow flash from the quick flash.
- Wait here for the router to reboot to its factory default settings.
2. By Web Interface
- Go to the web browser and visit http://tplinkwifi.net.
- After that, log in to the TP-Link TL-WR840N router using the login credentials.
- Move to the Advanced Settings and then System Tools.
- Select Backup & Restore, here a factory default restore page will open.
- Select the Factory Restore setting.
- Later, the router will automatically reboot to its factory default settings.